Developing mobile apps is great, but developing mobile apps with a purpose is even better! As a Software Engineer, you’ll work on a product that helps people with the most precious thing they have — their health. In collaborative teams of developers, designers, product owners, and QA experts, you’ll experience best-in-class software development practices on a daily basis and contribute to software that meets the highest expectations — we do not put our users’ lives at risk!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer (iOS) who will have a significant impact on the software development process, moving your entire team forward.
Your main contribution is writing code while acting as a role model for the entire development team. You demonstrate your experience in architectural and technical decision making, ensuring high quality code review.
You contribute technical knowledge as a foundation for strategic product decisions, identifying and driving improvements of the product development process and its infrastructure. You act as an internal technical consultant for pre-sales, sales, and marketing activities, including hiring decisions
Your upcoming mission:
Essential skills for this mission:
• You have at least 5+ years of experience building native apps
• You have a desire to craft beautiful, usable interfaces across all different devices running iOS
• You are empathetic towards the user experience and thoughtful about what we can do to make it better
• You have excellent communication skills and are good at giving and receiving feedback
• You have experience working iteratively and maintaining live products
• You have experience mentoring other engineers in Swift and Objective-C
• You work with an eye toward accessibility, performance and systemic solutions
• You have a proven track record of building reliable, performant, scalable and yet understandable solutions
• You write tests to ensure delivery of high-quality software
• You have knowledge of the diabetes industry or other comparable health industries
• You are familiar with the Composable Architecture (TCA) and Swift Concurrency
• You have a background in Computer Science
Here’s what you can expect from us:
• Ambitious and passionate people building meaningful products
• An innovative agile working environment allowing for collaboration with really smart people and knowledge sharing in cross-functional teams
• A growing organization with room for development
• Not a corporate environment, but the leverage of a global market leader (Roche family)
• Loads of benefits (brand new Apple hardware, fitness, public transport, lunch benefit, language classes, professional training budget, chance to join global conferences…)
• Flexible working hours and home office policy, 5 weeks vacation
• A kick-ass office with a rooftop terrace, fully stocked kitchen and amazing barista coffee machines in the middle of Vienna… oh, and did we mention the best team in the world!